As usual, I tweaked the pattern heavily.
– The lovely cable and lace strip
– Dropped shoulders
– Curved hem
– Sideways construction
– Positive ease
– Amount of ease; I’m aiming for 6″ upper torso ease (equivalent to 3″ full bust ease)
– Circularity of hem; recalculated to make a gentler slope
– Ease at hip; added short rows to make a swingier shape
– Position of pattern strip; lowered it so the bottom edge covers the bust
– Bust shaping; added another line of shaping above the strip only on the front
– Neck; changed to scooped shape with bind offs and decreases
– Neck finish; will probably apply an i-cord
– Sleeve cuffs; will probably add ribbing to match the hem
Essentially, I charted the shape I wanted, and recalculated everything according to my gauge. I’m dealing with millions of markers: 2 for the hem shaping, 4 to define edges of pattern strips, 3 for the shoulder and bust shaping.
Have split the neck, now working my way slowly across the back.