Yes, it really is that bright!
Another simple v-neck pullover template, filled in with seed stitch chevrons. They sublimate upwards, wispier as they rise. I had planned to work the sleeves in the same pattern, even diligently noting down the row number of the underarm BO so I could match patterns exactly. But the pattern turned out so striking, it would have been a bit too much, I thought, to have it all over the pullover. Hence the simple stockinette sleeves, with only some garter rib at the cuffs tying it thematically to the pullover’s neck and hem trim.
Must also add: this was a really lazily planned, “oh whatever!” pullover. I had so much going on in my life while knitting it; I really couldn’t spare the brain space. So I started with a provisional CO, intending to do a folded hem. On a sudden whim I decided to trim the neck in garter rib, so did the same at the hem as well. I also moved all shaping to the side ‘seams’ (this was worked in the round with single garter rib columns up the sides) to avoid dissecting the chevrons.
And here’s a Knitters’ Special Spot the Difference:
Yes, correct! I knit one cuff downwards and finished it with an invisible BO for ribbing; the other I started with a tubular CO and knitted upwards! I actually started the first sleeve provisionally in the middle, and meanwhile started using up skein remainders to trim the neck and hem. After that, I weighed all the remaining yarn and the half-done sleeve to calculate exactly how much yarn each sleeve could get. Then the first sleeve was finished downwards; while the second was started at the cuff and continued to the cap. An accurate electronic weighing scale is one of the best tools for knitters!