1. Hood and steek, just before the top of the hood was knitted.
2. First line of crochet binding. Finally I’m using ‘sticky’ enough yarn to do a crocheted steek! Previously I’ve had to sew — by hand or machine — to secure edges.
4. See how they open up like a valley?
6. Wash the sweater and block out cables to desired plumpness.
7. Pick up and knit rib
8. I made tulips buttonholes – so invisible!
9. Steam steeks flat inside the sweater.
10. Sew them down neatly.
11. Because I didn’t add a BO row for stability when starting the hood, I’m crocheting a chain across the shoulders and hood. This is the WS…
12. …And this is the RS. It blends in very nicely in real life.
13. Sew buttons with felt backing for durability.
All done, FO pics soon!